Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Does it matter?

If I didn't know which candidate I was going to vote for in November, I hope that listening
to Eva Longoria or Chuck Norris wouldn't help me to put things into perspective. I admit that
I love it when a celebrity I enjoy comes out in support of something I believe in; it's kind of
funny and a little goofy, but it's true.
However, I don't remember a celebrity ever changing my mind or getting me to really think
about a topic in a way that I hadn't thought about it before. That would be kind of nuts.
That being said, I wish people wouldn't get so upset or overly excited when a celebrity speaks
their mind. They are celebrities, entertainers, whatever, but they are also citizens that should be
able to speak their minds. I don't agree with a lot of them, and I don't really care what
"star power" the conventions pulled out because, really, I would think that having relevant people
would be more important, such as politicians, or people that have done a lot in their communities,
people with a little more substance. But I guess in our society it is more important to know how
ScarJo feels about President Obama than it is to know how average citizens feel about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment