Friday, September 14, 2012

Beautiful

There is a woman named Debbie that is the opposite of beautiful. I would call her a hateful cow. If I felt charitable. I don't want to use her last name because I don't want to give her publicity, and any details I give will probably just lead to the Googling of this demented, hateful cow, but there isn't much I can do about that.

She wrote a column in June attacking a member of a boy band, calling him a "Paki Muslim", went on about the cult of Islam and how morning prayers that say their god is the only god are "radical", and implied that this "Paki Muslim" is trying to convert young girls to his faith by discussing his faith, which, to be fair, maybe he is, but what the fuck Debbie, what religious person doesn't do that when they talk about their faith?

I can't really put into words at this moment how much this woman has thrown me off, attacking a boy band? Is that how we know people have reached the end of even trying to have rational discussions?

I want to thank "Totally Biased", a wonderful show on FX, for pointing out this demented, hateful cow to me, and at the same time I want to say I almost wish I hadn't heard of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment