Tuesday, September 18, 2012

47%

Okay, so I have watched the video, I think all of the relevant parts surrounding the 47% comment, and I have to say a big so what? If he thinks that 47% of the population won't vote for him, why should he care how he characterizes them, why should he waste time trying to get their votes? Do I like what he said, no. But as far as I am concerned, that part of his speech is a non fucking factor because it shouldn't come as a surprise that he said any of it, or that he believes it. And when compared to his other comment that seemed to raise less eyebrows, it really seems small.

"If the Hispanic voting bloc becomes as committed to the Democrats as the African-Americans voting bloc has in the past, why, we're in trouble as a party and, I think, as a nation." As. A. Nation. What does that mean, and why aren't people flipping out about that comment as much as the other?


No comments:

Post a Comment