Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Time

My original goal was to post something daily, even if it was a link, a video, whatever, and now I realize that I haven't posted anything in a week. It isn't because I don't have the time, it isn't because I have run out of outrage or opinions, so I think it must be that I am a lazy, lazy person. Too lazy to sit in front of a computer and spend 10, 20 minutes, writing something, and I don't even have to get fully dressed? That is pretty sad.
That being said, it is amazing to me that 24 hours ago there was more wind and rain and destruction beating down on the East Coast than anyone could have imagined, even though it was almost exactly what people thought would happen, and tonight it seems to be the 'calm' after the storm. So many people lost everything, so many people without power, people dead, it just boggles the mind. The coast is being reshaped, land is being lost to the ocean, and it all seems so science fiction that it is hard to grasp.
On the political side of things, we have a republican governor in New Jersey that gave our President the respect and thanks he deserved for making sure that people would get what they need, while at the same time that yahoo Michael Brown, who resigned from his FEMA post following his colossal screwup  after Hurricane Katrina, is telling a newspaper that our President is handling everything wrong, as if that a-holes opinion matters. And of course throw in a little dig about Libya at the same time. I am not sure why people listen to lying bastards that whine about other people 'playing politics' while that is exactly what the accusers are doing.
Then of course there is RoRo, working a campaign appearance in Ohio, which apparently must have been hit hard by Sandy since that is where the scum bucket has been spending his time. And while I can't say that trying to get goods and services for people after this event is a bad thing, even if it seems slimy,  I can say that planning on sending goods to people in need is stupid. The Red Cross needs money, so they can purchase what people need, and purchase them from businesses in the areas heavily impacted, so the local economy can be stimulated. You would think a mad genius businessman would be able to figure that out, but RoRo is more like a corporate raider than an actual businessman, as in someone that creates businesses, so who knows what he knows. All I know is that if he is elected I might eat that shoe I have been threatening to eat for years.

http://www.redcross.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment