Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Night!

I can't believe that the election is finally over! At least this part of it. My candidate won, President Barack Obama, and I am thrilled! I wasn't voting against RoRy, I was voting FOR President Obama, and I am, like I said, thrilled! I know that the next four years could be even worse, politically, than the last, but I hope not. I hope that politicians actually do their job and work together, not just trying to block President Obama at every turn.
I am also thrilled that it seems as if marriage equality has come to three out of four states voting on it, by a vote of the people, for the first time! That is truly encouraging news. Bravo, Maine, Maryland, and my neighbor to the north, Washington. Job well done. Maybe hate and lies are finally fading away, maybe the future will be brighter.
There are so many candidates on the national level to be excited about, but a special shout out must go to Tammy Baldwin, the first out lesbian elected to the US Senate! And she won against a well known candidate in Wisconsin, so, wow. Really.
Local measures are passing that I voted for, the big one ensuring funding for our library system that is, really, one of the best on the planet.
Yes, this is all good news, really, but it seemed so easy now that it is over and that easiness worries me. But I will try to be optimistic and just enjoy what might possibly turn out to be the most exciting and progressive election cycle in my lifetime so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment