Saturday, October 6, 2012

Only 31 days away

I am borderline grateful that I don't live in a "battleground state", because we have enough political ads without throwing in Presidential ads. Yes, if we watch a channel that is from another state we might have to sit through a few, but I would go seriously bananas if I lived in Florida. I would probably have already gone bananas from living there, but that's something else entirely.
We have several tax issues on the ballot, and I am not voting for all of them, but at least one is worth voting for. I am not a property owner, but the idea if you own property and already pay property taxes, that you can still have more taxes added on by a vote makes me uncomfortable. And when it comes to schools, I am not sure where all the money goes, or stays, or is wasted. I know it isn't spent on teachers or lowering the number of students in a classroom, and that should be the first priority. How can people complain about teachers not doing their jobs when they are expected to more and more with less and less, and some of them paying for supplies out of their own pockets? I don't want to say that a lot of the issues that could be addressed actually start at home, but there it is.
If you feel like your child is falling behind or not getting everything they need from their overworked teachers, by all means, get to it, start helping your child at home. I know that people complain about the amount of schoolwork kids are bringing home, but what is a teacher supposed to do with all of those students? How can they be expected to instruct AND give each of them one on one attention? It isn't possible. But they can get one on one attention at home. Make the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment