Friday, December 7, 2012

Holy Holiday Nightmares!

I can't believe this bizarre year is almost over, and as always, it is ending with the busiest time of the year. And by busy I mean trying to keep people from going crazy about not getting enough for others or getting what they want. It's always things, never time, or anything calm and comforting. But I suppose I could say NO to all of it. But I don't see that happening. I buy into the stress of it all and I am already counting down the days until it's over again for another year. Of course it would be nice to enjoy it and not just wait for it to be over, but I fear I am not that evolved yet.

However, I am enjoying listening to music from 2012, realizing that I liked a lot more of it than I thought it did. And for that, I need to thank VH1. Without that channel I would be totally lost when it comes to top 40 and what person sings which song.

8 comments:

  1. What were your 2012 music surprises? I want to know!

    I totally feel you on the holiday stress, even though I think I bring 85% of it down on my own head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, VH1 didn't lead me to anything by Die Antwoord, and I kind of like some of their music, mostly the beats, since I don't know what the hell they are saying, and that old classic "My Neck, My Back", isn't from 2012, but it sure brought me some childish joy after the RNC. And I love Robyn, some of the Minaj, I like Karmin, I think they have a nice, sweet sound. And of course there is One Direction and Carly Rae...sweet Jesus, I never thought I would type those words....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also forgot that I like that new Pink song about the last kiss or something, and I am loathe to admit that I like that Home song by that last American Idol winner. I never listen to the whole thing, but something about it just seems so 1970s folksy and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I fell down some Die Antwoord youtube rabbit hole WAAAY too close to bedtime a few weeks ago and I had freaky dreams all night. Have you heard Azealia Banks? I like her and think you might too - she's playful and bold and occasionally super dirty, but I love how she just seems to do whatever she wants.

    No shame in Carly Rae! That song was BANANAS.

    I think Youtube was my VH1 this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just went and listened to Home on the Youtube - I see what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like Azealia Banks! Playful, bold, and dirty definitely describes her.
    I did enjoy that Gotye song, but the one that I really love is called In Your Light. Very sweet and upbeat and necessary. And I know that MIA song Bad Girls or whatever it's called isn't new, but that one is definitely a morning song for some reason. If I can remember.
    Beware the Die Antwoord wormholes! They are freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Talks, by Of Monsters and Men. I think that this could be my favorite song of the year. At least today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should collect some videos and post them! I'm off to look up Little Talks...

    ReplyDelete